Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER.

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1040

• Maelitta
Feelings were very strong for me too on this 4th of june, but for different reasons.
First, I was very happy to meet all the fans who came in Holmfirth ; I kind of "knew" them before because of this forum (even though if sometimes I got mixed up between the forum names and the real names :laugh: ).
A special thank to Karen and her deep kindness ; she made us feel at ease and welcame us in the Holly Family (or may be Harley Family ? ;) ).
Second, I had a strong and strange feeling when Steve Harley arrived on stage. I have been listening to all his albums regularly for the past 30 years but never seen him "for real" before ... What a curious sensation ...
But he was there and well there. Standing on his 2 feet with a sort of happy strenght that left no doubt about his pleasure to play in the Picturedrome.
When he began to sing, I must confess some tears rolled on my cheeks ... But after this moment of deep emotion, the words of the songs came naturally on my lips and I sang along, with everybody. Because yes indeed ! EVERYBODY was singing ! Everybody seemed so happy to be there as well. What an atmosphère !!!
Steve Harley has impressed me because he is REALLY THERE, if you see what I mean : he loves his fans, he loves playing with his musicians, he loves singing, playing for us.
Very generous personn ...
I had a tremendous night on friday night, I will never forget it.
Thank you Steve, ans thank you to all the open hearted fans I met.
Anne, aka Maelitta, from France.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1045

• Khalekan
Sounds like a blast.

Where exactly is Hommfirth?

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1046

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
khalekan,holmfirth is in west yorkshire in northern england,just a few miles from huddersfield,about 20 miles north of sheffield. a beautiful little town in the yorkshire hills,the place where they film the british comedy programme called last of the summer wine....google it and see.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1047

• Khalekan
Cheers, rebelfreak.

BTW....I see the BBC are axing LOTSW after thirty odd years.

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1048

• PeterJH
A great night indeed Jimbo. As always, a great vibe in Holmfirth. Nice to meet up with friends, and some new ones too! Glad you enjoyed it Anne, I think we all did =))

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1054

• Maelitta
I found very strange that there was no posters nor any kind of annoucement of the Steve Harley concert outside the Picturedrome :S
Any explanation ?